Maths Escape Room Years 4-6: The Lost Island of Atlantis
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
This activity includes a print-and-go version, easy to set up and perfect for a fun maths adventure. There is also an expanded version, with the same questions, but each clue/task has been expanded over several pages so they can be cut out and put in envelopes to create even more engagement.
This activity takes your students on an adventure where they must find and break into the ancient lost island of Atlantis. You have found an ancient map which will lead you to the lost city of Atlantis! It is foretold that somewhere within Atlantis is a powerful object called Poseidon’s trident, and whoever holds the trident will gain the power of the old Atlantis and have the power to rule all the ocean! You seek this magical trident, but first you need to decode the map and find the entrance to the lost city.
- Map to Atlantis: Place value and rounding.
- Underwater Gate: Three-digit addition and subtraction.
- Atlantis City: Multiplication and basic facts.
- The Temple Floor: Identifying fractions.
- Poseidon’s Trident: Word Problems and calculating perimeter of simple shapes.
The story continues throughout the Maths adventure as the students complete the tasks.
There are also early finisher or extra activities listed below:
- Writing Activity: The search for Atlantis.
- Number Puzzle: Poseidon’s trident.
- Map Activity: Design your own island.
This is an easier version which is good for years 4-6, however there are also more advanced versions of this activity which can be found in the Top Teaching Tasks membership. Clues can be interchanged between the versions to suit the ability level of your students.