CSI Winter Maths Activity: The Abominable Snowman!
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
Winter Maths Activity: The Abominable Snowman! A Fun CSI Winter Maths Activity. Print Version and Google Classroom Version.
Someone is transforming into the abominable snowman and creating havoc in the village! Students must solve a series of math clues to find out who (which suspect) it is. Throughout the adventure, your students will need to solve a series of maths problems until they have found out which suspect is the abominable snowman!
Three of the clues (worksheets) will allow your students to eliminate one or two suspects until they have found out who the abominable snowman is. Two other optional clues will allow your students to identify which enchanted object is being used in the transformations, and the location of where this transformation is taking place.
- Math Puzzle 1/ Hidden message. (Basic facts and pre-algebra)
- Math Puzzle 2/ The abominable snowman’s getaway. (Converting time and dividing)
- Math Puzzle 3/ Note on the door. (A graphing activity – 4 quadrants).
- Math Puzzle 4/ Hidden castle in the forest. (Optional – can be included or taken out)
- Math Puzzle 5/ The enchanted object. (Optional – can be included or taken out)
This maths activity pack also includes a range of extension activities for early finishers or additional activities:
- Writing Activity: The Abominable Snowman.
- Acrostic Poems.
- Snowman Multiplication Maths Maze.
- Research Activity.
- 2x Number Puzzles.
- Answer sheets provided.
This activity now includes a print version and a Google Classroom version for distance learning with your students! With the Google Classroom version your students can fill in editable text boxes and move images to complete the activity online! Also included is an engaging video hook!
Maths topics: Basic facts and converting, converting time and dividing, graphing 4 quadrants, logic.
Year Level: Year 5 – Year 9