Back to School CSI Maths Challenge: Who Raided the School Staffroom
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
Back to School Maths Activity: -Who raided the school staffroom? – Great for upper primary and intermediate students.
This Crime Scene Investigation challenge is a great way to introduce maths concepts at the beginning of the school year. Students must use their maths skills to eliminate suspects (teachers) so they can find out who raided the school staffroom. You can use the teacher suspects supplied – or edit in your own teachers if you dare… (a PowerPoint file is included for this).
Here is what is included in this resource:
1. Five clues are given to the students and each clue (worksheet) allows them to eliminate 1-2 suspects.
- Clue 1/ Hidden multiplication message.
- Clue 2/ Graphing mystery picture (2 quadrants).
- Clue 3/ Call in the night – an order of operations (or BEDMAS) activity.
- Clue 4/ Run teacher run – a simple division activity.
- Clue 5/ Who has all the pens? – simple algebra
2. An engaging introduction video to set the scene and hook your students.
3. An extension writing activity for early finishers.
4. A newspaper interview – which will allow you to get to know your new students better.
5. Answer sheets
- Year Level: Year 5 – Year 9
- Maths topics: Multiplication, graphing (2 quadrants), order of operations, division, simple pre-algebra