Engage your students in Waitangi Day Commemorations and learn about New Zealand’s founding document with our interactive Treaty of Waitangi scavenger hunt puzzle bundle. Your students will learn about the history of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, the history and traditions of Waitangi Day, the Maori chief Hōne Heke, the impact of the treaty, and how Waitangi Day is observed now.
In this Treaty of Waitangi scavenger hunt puzzle bundle, students use the provided fact cards (Year 3-4, Year 5-6) or text (year 7-8) to complete their interactive puzzles. Display the amazing completed puzzles and wow your school! This activity works for individuals, pairs, or teams.
Useful as part of your portfolio of evidence to meet the Education Council’s Registered Teacher Criteria.
This bundle features the following three resources:
- The Treaty Of Waitangi Reading Comprehension Scavenger Hunt Puzzle Year 3 and 4
- The Treaty Of Waitangi Reading Comprehension Scavenger Hunt Puzzle Year 5 and 6
- The Treaty Of Waitangi Reading Comprehension Scavenger Hunt Puzzle Year 7 and 8
In this Treaty of Waitangi scavenger hunt bundle you will receive:
1. 12 Treaty of Waitangi Fact Cards suitable for a Year 3 and 4 reading level.
2. 12 Treaty of Waitangi Fact Cards suitable for a Year 5 and 6 reading level.
3. For Year 7-8 students, a link to the NZ School Journal Story Library text “Te Tiriti o Waitangi” in PDF form. This text should also be available in New Zealand schools in hard copy form.
**’Te Tiriti o Waitangi’ is authored and illustrated by Ross Calman, Mark Derby, and Toby Morris.**
4. Three sets of 12 puzzle pieces featuring a range of reading comprehension activities.
(Large and small puzzle pieces are included.)
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.