The River Nile Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
Take a trip back in time while improving reading comprehension with our differentiated River Nile Reading Comprehension activities. This activity pack includes one Year Five-Eight non-fiction passage (at two levels) with six pages of unique and engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. Gain context with our bonus Ancient Egypt PowerPoint and Internet website links.
These activities are great for your guided reading program or as homework tasks. Integrate these activities into your history and/or social studies projects!
In this River Nile Reading Comprehension pack you will receive:
1. One text – with an extended and scaffold version:
⭐ The River Nile
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities
Each passage features different activities!
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Specific Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
3. One Graphic Organiser Example
- Main Idea
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. An additional PowerPoint slideshow with context photos of Ancient Egypt.
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go non-fiction passages and engaging higher-order thinking questions.
This resource is full of exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).