The History of Christmas Cards Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
Learn about one of the traditions of Christmas with this informational Christmas text about The History of Christmas Cards! This Grade Four and Grade Five Christmas-themed differentiated passage will engage your students while reinforcing important reading skills. These are great reading comprehension activities for guided reading!
What this History of Christmas Cards resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go informational texts and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyze, Evaluate, Create).
These activities are aligned to the majority of the Grade Four and Five Common Core State Standards (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact CCSS in each activity).
In this History of Christmas Cards pack you will receive:
1. One text, with an extended and scaffold version:
- The History of Christmas Cards (Informational Text)
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the Common Core State Standards
3. One Graphic Organizer Example:
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages
6. Close Reading bookmarks