Te Reo Sight Word Flash Cards | Maori Language Week
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
This Te Reo Sight Word Flash Cards pack features 82 flash cards to help teach your students te reo Māori. These include the Māori alphabet, te reo Māori syllables, numbers to ten and the days of the week,
Use these flash cards as part of your Word Work Daily 5 activities, have the children use these with a partner, or send them home as a home-based task. You could also make two sets and play games such as Memory or Go Fish!
Colour and black and white versions are included in this pack!
Sight word recognition improves reading fluency, allowing the student to focus their efforts on the more mentally demanding task of reading comprehension. This resource would be useful in both bilingual and full immersion Māori medium classrooms, as well as an introduction to te reo Māori words for English speaking classes!
In this Te Reo Sight Word Flash Cards activity you will get:
1. Flash cards for the te reo Māori alphabet:
– a, e, h, i, k, m, n, ng, o, p, r, t, u, w, wh
2. Flash cards for the te reo Māori syllables:
– ha, ka, ma, na, pa, ra, ta, wa, nga, wha
– he, ke, me, ne, pe, ra, te, we, nge, whe
– hi, ki, mi, ni, pi, ri, ti, wi, ngi, whi
– ho, ko, mo, no, po, ro, to, wo, ngo, who
– hu, ku, mu, nu, pu, ru, tu, wu, ngu, whu
(pair this with the singing of the song “A ha ka ma na” – link provided within the resource)
3. Ngā nama tuatahi/Numbers to Ten:
– tahi, rua, toru, whā, rima, ono, whitu, waru, iwa, tekau
4. Ngā Rā o te Wiki/Days of the week:
– Rāhina, Rātū, Rāapa, Rāpare, Rāmere, Rāhoroi, Rātapu
5. Information sheets with a pronunciation guide
Directions for use:
Print the pages out
Cut and laminate them for durability
Cut out the finished product
Attach to a ring to flip through the flash cards quickly.
The paper size is A4.