This sight words flash cards pack involves 154 Year One Sight Word Flash Cards based on the NZ curriculum High-Frequency Sight Words. Use these flashcards as part of your Word Work Daily 5 activities, have the children use these with a partner, or send them home as a home-based task. You could also make two sets and play games such as Memory or Go Fish!
Sight word recognition improves reading fluency, allowing the student to focus their efforts on the more mentally demanding task of reading comprehension.
In this Sight Words Flash Cards pack you will receive:
1. Six Flash Card Sets:
- 20 Magenta Level Sight Word Flash Cards
- 26 Red Level Sight Word Flash Cards
- 28 Yellow Level Sight Word Flash Cards
- 28 Blue Level Sight Word Flash Cards
- 28 Green Level Sight Word Flash Cards
- 24 Orange Level Sight Word Flash Cards
2. Assessment sheets for assessing student’s fluency of EACH set of sight words.
3. An information sheet with links to the New Zealand Curriculum.
Directions for Sight Words Flash Cards use:
- Print the pages out, cut and laminate them for durability, and then cut out the finished product.
- Use the assessment sheet to record each child’s fluency with these words.
The words included in this bundle are: a, at, look, to, in, am, I, is, and, we, here, said, up, it, like, go, can, went, the, my, going, awake, little, looked, away, big, where, safe, hungry, thank you, asleep, goes, down, wake, four, sleep, shouted, come, looking, are, you, not, comes, can, see, this, way, stay, with, back, all, good, coming, they, will, he, help, saw, came, liked, play, again, day, some, she, ran, put, got, have, on, out, made, his, after, I’m, let, can’t, bad, by, outside, find, then, make, get, slow, have, let’s, did, gone, who, new, one, because, but, fast, open, do, opened, me, now, please, very, already, asked, began, behind, didn’t, doing, heavy, laugh, laughed, long, most, middle, other, quickly, right, show, someone, these, try, until, wait, watch, won’t, would, across, along, always, around, better, called, catch, could, cried, don’t, every, from, long, must, next, other, round, school, slowly, something, still, their, there, under, want, wanted, were, what.
Please note: These words have the British/Australia/New Zealand spellings of words, and therefore would be suitable in countries that spell in this way e.g. colour.