Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions BUNDLE
To download the resources in this bundle, go to each individual resource. Click on this symbol to go to the individual resources.
Learn about earth-shattering earthquakes, twisting tornadoes, huge hurricanes, and explosive volcanoes with our differentiated Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension texts and follow-up activities. This activity pack includes FOUR non-fiction passages with six pages of unique and engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks – suitable for Year 5-8 students.
THIS RESOURCE NOW INCLUDES A FULL DIGITAL OPTION.
These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Integrate these activities into your history and/or social studies projects!
In this Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension bundle you will receive:
1. Four resources – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- Earthquakes Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Hurricanes/Tropical Cyclones Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Tornadoes Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Volcanoes Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities
Each passage features different activities!
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Cause and Effect
- Using Prior Knowledge
- Make Predictions
- Make Connections
3. Four Graphic Organiser Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
- Flow Diagram
- Cause and Effect Chart
4. Four pages of extra digital links with QR codes for extra research.
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
6. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
7. Close Reading bookmarks.
What this Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go non-fiction passages and engaging higher-order thinking questions.
This resource is full of exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Nat says: Excellent reading activities. The reading is very informative with some great activities to use. A great resource to work with.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Gail says: This was a great resource. The differentiation was excellent. It meant I could do the same thing with all the students. Makes life easier. It was clear to read and follow. The activities that went with each reading sheet was very valuable. I love this purchase. Probably the best one I have purchased so far. Well done.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Naomi says: Loved this resource. It is very useful and engaging! Thank you so much!