Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated Myths and Legends Volume Two passages and questions. This pack includes four Grade Four and Grade Five (Year Five and Six) traditional literature passages with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Learn about myths and legends from around the world.
Learn more about Isis and Osiris, King Midas and the Golden Touch, Kaang and the Creation Story, and The Dragon of Wawel Hill.
This resource would also be suitable for Grade 6 (Year Seven and Eight learners) as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
When you download this resource, it comes in both US AND British English spellings and printing sizes.
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go Myth and Legend texts and engaging higher-order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyze, Evaluate, Create).
In the Myths and Legends Volume Two resource you will receive:
1. Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- Isis and Osiris (Egyptian)
- King Midas and the Golden Touch (Greek)
- Kaang and the Creation Story (African)
- The Dragon of Wawel Hill (Polish)
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
3. Four Graphic Organiser Examples
- Character Map
- Story Map
- Story Plot Mountain
- Flow Diagram
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Close Reading bookmarks.