Matariki Stations Activities – Matariki Collaborative Activities
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
The purpose of the Matariki Stations Activities is to explore concepts and themes of Matariki, the Māori New Year, through an engaging and collaborative format.
This activity is set up as a great introduction to Matariki. It is a tool to get your students reading, writing, interacting, using tech tools, creating, and working together.
This Matariki Stations Activities resource includes:
1. 11 stations (we recommend printing these onto strong card or laminating them)
Video comprehension tasks
QR code activities
Freeze frame drama activity
Art and design activities
2. Response sheets for students to record their answers
You will also need:
A device for each group of students e.g. Chromebook, iPad, tablet, phone (for filming, taking photos, and using QR codes)
A flexible, differentiated resource for ALL students in your class
- This resource has been purposely created so that it will be accessible to a range of ability levels. The texts used in this resource are levelled at Year Six. As a group activity, those who are reading at a lower level can have assistance from others in their group. There are many tasks where they can use their prior knowledge and unique abilities.
- The activities all require some form of response: writing short answers, taking photos, using QR codes, creating art and so on. It is up to you as the teacher to decide the level to which you expect your students to take these challenges – we have kept them flexible in this way.
- If a station will not work for your students, simply remove it – it’s as easy as that.