Learn about huge hurricanes and tropical cyclones with our differentiated tropical cyclones reading comprehension texts and follow up activities. This activity pack includes a Grade Four and Five (Year Five and Six) informational non-fiction passage with six pages of unique and engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Integrate these activities into your history and/or social studies projects!
When you download this resource, it comes in both US AND British English spellings and printing sizes.
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go non-fiction passages and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is full of exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyze, Evaluate, Create).
In this tropical cyclones reading comprehension pack you will receive:
1. One text – with an extended and scaffold version:
- Hurricanes/Tropical Cyclones
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities
Each passage features different activities!
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Cause and Effect
- Make Connections
3. Two Graphic Organizer Examples
- Main Idea
- Cause and Effect Chart
4. Additional digital links with QR codes for extra research.
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
6. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
7. Close Reading bookmarks