Start off the Back to School season in style with this dynamic, engaging Back to School Collaborative activity – great for the first day of school activities. Get to know your students with this great “All About Me” activity! Students create a collaborative jigsaw puzzle that serves as a visual introduction of each child while also reinforcing the ideas of teamwork and classroom unity. Display the amazing puzzles on a back to school bulletin board to wow your school community.
In this Back to School Collaborative activity pack you will receive:
- A clear set of directions for how to assemble the collaborative puzzle poster
- 32 puzzle pieces – the completed puzzle is approximately 3.2 feet (1 metre) in length.
- 2 sets of quotes that you can cut out as individual letters:
- Up, up, and away!
- Adventure begins here!
- A “What is a Symbol?” Poster (USA, NZ, Australia versions)
- A symbols background information guide
What if I don’t have 32 students in my class?
We provided enough puzzle pieces to ensure large classes can be included, too. If you have spare pieces, ask your teacher support staff, principal, school office team, or parent volunteers to design a puzzle piece. I think they would be honoured to be included! You can replace those extra pieces if new students arrive during the school year. Another option is to challenge early finishers to create a second puzzle piece in a contrasting style that also symbolises them.