Christmas Literacy Activities Bundle
To download the resources in this bundle, go to each individual resource. Click on this symbol to go to the individual resources.
Let us save you time this Christmas Season with our Christmas Literacy Activities Bundle: a bundle of fantastic Christmas-themed ELA Resources! Reading, Writing, Spelling, Creative Thinking, and Public Speaking skills are all covered for a discounted price! Just Print and Go!
In this Christmas Literacy Activities Bundle you will receive:
1. Christmas Close Reading Activities with Higher Order Thinking Questions:
Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
- Radical Reindeer (Informational Text)
- The History of Christmas Cards (Informational Text)
- Mama’s Happy Christmas (Literature Text)
- The Elves and the Shoemaker (Literature Text)
SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the Common Core State Standards
Four Graphic Organiser Examples
- Information Web
- Character Web
- Story Web
2. Christmas Writing Prompts:
- 60 writing prompts including 40 Christmas writing prompts.
- Argument, explanation, narrative and photo prompts are included.
- Google slides, PowerPoint and Task cards are provided.
3. Christmas Spelling Activities:
This Christmas Spelling Activity Pack includes:
a) TEN Spelling Activity Task Cards
- Silly Santa Story
- Decoration Time
- Alphabetical Order
- Wrap It Up!
- Ready to Roll
- Type and Spell
- Sparkle Spelling
- A Letter to Santa
- Trees Galore
- Christmas Writing
b) Print and Go Spelling Activity Worksheets
c) A Tips For Use instruction sheet
4. 32 Christmas Speech Topic Cards:
- 12 Persuasive Speech Cards
- 8 Informative Speech Cards
- 12 Entertaining Speech Cards
- Oral Presentation Assessment Rubric
- Oral Presentation Self-Assessment Rubric
- Links to Curriculum page with links to the CCSS for Grade 4-8
- Tips for Use page
5. Christmas Creative Thinking Cards:
- 30 household item cards.
- 15 Christmas-themed item cards.
- 10 Christmas-themed scenario cards with creative problem-solving scenarios.
- Two Tips For Use pages with explanations of how you can use this resource in your classroom!
6. Christmas Print and Go Activity Pack with Print and Go Worksheets:
- Letter to Santa
- Christmas Fact or Fiction (with answer sheet)
- Christmas Word Find
- Christmas Mix and Match
- Christmas Then and Now Venn Diagram
- Your Perfect Christmas Meal
- Christmas Maze (with answer sheet)
- Christmas Colouring
- Design a Christmas Present