Battle Royale Games Digital Reading Comprehension Activity for Google Classroom | Fortnite
NZ$0.00 incl GST (NZ)
Go paperless with our Google Slides digital reading comprehension activity – great for digital guided reading! Learn about the battle royale game genre (games like Fortnite Battle Royale) with our differentiated reading passages and questions. This Google Slides resource includes five passages (at two levels) with at least six unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking interactive tasks.
Chances are you have heard of (or you yourself are playing) Fortnite! Fortnite Battle Royale is the most popular of the battle royale genre, and its popularity is only growing. That means your students are either playing the game, or at least know about it! So, why not hook them into reading by learning more about this style of video game?
These activities are great for your guided reading program and independent work in both a traditional classroom with some access to mobile learning through to a full 1:1 digital classroom.
Both US and British English are used throughout this resource. Choose what suits you!
This resource would also be suitable for Grade Six (Year Seven and Eight) learners as the higher-order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
In this resource you will receive:
1. One text – each with an extended and scaffold version:
- Battle Royale Games
- These passages are provided as Google Slides and in PDF form.
2. NINE unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Identify the Text Structure
- Identify the Author’s Purpose
- Use Prior Knowledge
- Understand and Use Vocabulary
- Make Predictions
3. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
4. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions and a link to the Google Slides Interactive Answers
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classroom are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
– High student engagement and motivation
– Access and share learning from anywhere
– Build a skill base with 21st-century learning tools
– Save on paper and printing!
– Accessible on a range of devices including Chromebooks, iPads, tablets and more!